I found her in a ditch at a stop sign, playing with a deflated basketball. She was only a few weeks old, a puppy most likely abandoned by her stray mother. I brought her home, and she eased the loneliness of my empty nest.
Harvey, Irma, Maria… These hurricanes have hit hard, leaving massive damage in their wakes. Here’s how you can help:
1. Write a piece of flash fiction in 50 words or less with the theme: Help
(This can be any sort of assistance, support, encouragement, or a story of someone or something that needs help. You do not need to use the prompt word. Be creative! It can be 50 words, 15 words…even a six-word story. Anything goes provided it is prose up to 50 words. It doesn’t have to be sunshine and rainbows but keep it PG and friendly.)
2. Add a new post on your blog with your flash fiction and the hashtag #Flash4Storms in the title
3. Link to this post (follow the external link to the original blog post)
4. Leave a comment at the original post with a link to your post so I know you’ve participated
5. Help spread the word on social media with the hashtags:
I will donate $1 to hurricane relief for every flash that is posted (up to $50).
The challenge is open until October 15th, 2017.